Information we may collect from you
When you visit the Site, your browser automatically sends us an IP (Internet Protocol) address and certain other information known as click stream data (including the type of browser you use, the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit and the date and time of your visit). We may use this click stream data to give you access to the Site and otherwise to administer the Site.
We only collect information about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. We will collect personally identifiable information from you when you knowingly provide it to us, including:
- when you communicate with us including by electronic means such as email, in person (eg via meetings), over the phone, fax or internet and information in material you send to us including requests for services, sending us questions or other communications, via your use of the services and normal dealings with us, or subscribing to receive updates or other communications from us;
- when you use products or technologies made available by us that allow for the provision of personal information;
- when you participate in a survey, promotion, offer, competition or other activity that we may conduct on our behalf. In this respect, we may collect personal information from participants in the activity directly, or from other sources where permissible, or we may engage services of third parties (such as web hosts or developers) to collect personal information from participants for the relevant activity;
- in relation to recruitment or prospective employment with us including job applications, references and related materials.
You are responsible if you choose to provide personally identifying information to us (such as by including your name in the body of an email message). When you provide any personally identifying information to us, you affirm that you are knowingly and voluntarily providing us the information.
Use of personal information
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it, for other related purposes and for reasonable business purposes. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Where personal information is collected from competitions/promotions/offers and similar activities on our behalf, to send you promotional and marketing material or for the purposes of coordinating the competition/promotion/offer or activity;
- To respond to your enquiries and provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you;
- To send you promotional and marketing material which promotes our business and services, including if you have subscribed to receive updates or other communications from us, to send you updates or other communications including by newsletters, or electronic direct mail;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To contact you for your views on our services and to notify you about changes or developments to our service;
- For research and analysis purposes including on product or site performance and user behaviour; and
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints and for client support purposes.
Disclosure and storage of your information
We work to ensure that the personally identifying information you do intentionally provide us remains private. We will not sell, rent, or trade the personally identifying information you provide to anyone outside of Face IT Productions unless we are required to do so by law. Please be aware, however, that it may be possible for others to read messages that you send over the Internet, so do not send by electronic communication any information that you would like to keep confidential. We may also share such information with our affiliate companies, or any contractors (including IT service providers) or agents that we engage from time to time.
We will not collect use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
Security and Access
We will take all reasonable steps to:
- ensure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and to
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
If you would like to access or correct personal information we hold about you, please contact us. Please note that we may deny access or correction of personal information to you to the extent that: (i) providing access/correction would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual; (ii) providing access/correction would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; (iii) your request for access/correction is frivolous or vexatious; or (iv) it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access/correction in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
If you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or any other applicable privacy law or code in Australia, please contact us.
We take such matters very seriously and, we shall review your complaint and respond to any concerns promptly, usually within fourteen (14) working days.
Further information about your privacy rights is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints).